7 Ways You Can Help Middle Tennessee Families
You may not know this but 1 in 3 American families are struggling to provide an adequate supply of clean diapers for their babies. People who cannot afford enough clean diapers often reuse dirty diapers as a way to extend their life, but this often leads to severe health issues. Many of these families have an impossible decision to make: to buy food or diapers. We believe nobody should have to make this decision. Music City Doulas presents: No Child Wet Behind, a fundraiser, diaper drive, 5k race, and 1 mile family fun run. Leading up to the day of the event, there are many ways you can get involved and help support the cause and make this event a success.
- Make a monetary donation
- Donate diapers. There are various locations around Middle Tennessee with diaper donation boxes and we will also be collecting diapers on the day of the event on May 21st at Two Rivers Park. If you cannot make it to any of these locations, you can purchase diapers on our Baby Registry and they will automatically ship to our storage facility and then donated to Nashville Diaper Connection, the beneficiary of the diaper drive and fundraiser.
- Eat pancakes at Chili’s in Smyrna on Saturday, April 30th! Tickets will not be sold at the door, so make sure you get your tickets now.
- Listen to music! On Saturday, April 30th, Third Man Records will be donating 10% of storefront sales to support the cause.
- Register to run in the 5k!
- Become a volunteer. Organizing an event of this size is a ton of work and we need help! Join our Facebook group and choose a committee. We can use all the help we can get!
- If you are a big or small business, consider becoming a vendor or sponsor by contacting us at info@MusicCityDoulas.com with the subject line: No Child Wet Behind.
Together, we can make a big difference to families in our community. Nobody should have to choose between food or diapers.