How To Use Your Birth Ball (Video)
A birth ball can be a wonderful tool to help you during pregnancy and labor, but many people don’t know how to use it. It ends up stashed away in another room collecting dust, unused. We want you to be able to put your ball to use!
- First, take your ball to wall and place a block or a book under it so it doesn’t roll away. Face away from your ball with your feet hip-width apart. You can have your hands on your hips or bring them in front for balance. Exhale as you bend the knees, lowering your bottom to barely tap the ball. Inhale to stand. Continue for 10 rounds. After your 10th round, hover above the ball and gently pulse 10 times. Inhale to stand. Start with 1 round of this and work your way up to 5.
- Roll the ball away from the wall and sit on it. Start to circle the hips. Make sure you switch directions. Continue as long as you want.
- After your hip circles, bounce! Smile and have fun with it! This is also a great one post-baby when you want to get your baby to sleep.
- Then start to sway the hips from side to side. Again, repeating as long as you are comfortable.
- Stand up and face the ball, with your feet wider than hip width. Bend the knees and drop your bottom towards the floor, holding onto the ball for support.
- Roll the ball forward so you can bring your knees to the floor. Rest your upper chest onto the ball and sway your hips from side to side. If you are circling, make sure to switch directions.
Now blow up your birth ball, use it, and enjoy it.