Safe Ab Exercises for Pregnancy – Part 2 (Video)
Many women wonder about how they can keep their ab strength during pregnancy now that they are no longer able to do their typical abdominal routine of sit-ups, crunches, and, for some, even planks. We are going to share with you some safe and effective ab exercises you can do while pregnant.
- First, walk your hands down to lie on your side with your head resting in your hand. It is important to walk down rather than using the abs to roll down to protect the abdominal muscles from diastasis recti, a condition where the abs split down the center.
- From this side reclined position, straighten both legs and glue them together. Lift them both up a few inches from the floor and then lower them down, keeping them slightly elevated, do not touch the floor. Repeat up to 20 times.
- Keep the legs elevated and lift just the top leg. Bring it back to meet the bottom leg and lift again. Repeat up to 20 times.
- Bring the legs to touch again, lift both of them, then drop the bottom leg without touching the ground. Bring it back up to meet the top leg and then lower again. Repeat up to 20 times.
- Lower both legs, press yourself back up to seated and repeat on the other side.